Tuesday, December 16, 2008
I was thinking yesterday on the bus home from the !awesomely enjoyable No Matter What camp! that all our lives revolve around imperfection.
That firstly I want to be a psychologist and I'll build my career on things that cause grief and unhappiness and feelings of inadequacy and low self-esteem and contentment and joy that mostly seems to be out of our reach.
And we study because we start from knowing nothing to knowing a little because we'll never be able to know everything.
And doctors base their careers on mishaps, defects and problems.
And in our own lives, we carry around scars from the hurt we were dealt with, the burden of regrets over things we've done to hurt other people, the weight of our own inadequacies and how we don't match up to standards whether it's the world's or our own or our teachers, friends and parents.
Then the solution or the antidote came to me and I know for a fact that it is fact and it's achievable.
Believing in Jesus as our savior – because He is perfect and we can build our lives on being more like Him each day. Though life doesn't get easier and sometimes it gets harder and we can't ever absolve ourselves from imperfection. But Jesus wipes our slate clean and we stand before him pure, white as snow and absolutely loved and in spite of the sad hurtful things that happen around the world it becomes easier to love and be loved and to be happy.
