writer candice 140690 rgs 405'06 RGSPSB SEC-C<3<3 rjc 08S07B

links michelle tammy jacqueline deborah swati yokesuen xuejun heidi cheryl cheah jiehao jarren MY BROTHER xinhui bernice mandy yengyie priscigan qing yilin



archives 07/21/06 07/22/06 07/23/06 07/24/06 07/26/06 07/28/06 07/31/06 08/02/06 08/04/06 08/06/06 08/09/06 08/12/06 08/17/06 08/26/06 09/04/06 09/07/06 09/12/06 09/16/06 09/19/06 09/23/06 09/24/06 09/25/06 09/26/06 09/30/06 10/02/06 10/03/06 10/06/06 10/11/06 10/15/06 10/25/06 11/02/06 11/06/06 11/15/06 11/18/06 11/21/06 11/24/06 12/02/06 12/15/06 12/20/06 12/26/06 12/28/06 01/01/07 01/07/07 01/09/07 01/13/07 01/21/07 02/03/07 02/06/07 02/16/07 02/22/07 03/06/07 03/14/07 03/18/07 04/03/07 04/05/07 04/12/07 04/17/07 04/21/07 04/30/07 05/20/07 05/31/07 06/20/07 07/02/07 07/16/07 07/25/07 07/27/07 08/14/07 08/24/07 08/27/07 08/28/07 09/02/07 09/07/07 09/08/07 09/09/07 09/11/07 09/12/07 09/23/07 09/30/07 10/02/07 10/08/07 10/10/07 10/11/07 10/13/07 10/14/07 10/16/07 10/19/07 10/21/07 10/26/07 10/30/07 11/02/07 11/05/07 11/08/07 11/11/07 11/12/07 11/13/07 11/15/07 11/18/07 11/25/07 11/27/07 11/29/07 12/05/07 12/07/07 12/17/07 12/20/07 12/25/07 12/29/07 01/01/08 01/08/08 01/16/08 01/20/08 01/25/08 02/08/08 02/13/08 02/28/08 03/10/08 03/13/08 03/22/08 03/27/08 04/01/08 04/24/08 04/29/08 05/17/08 05/20/08 05/21/08 05/23/08 06/02/08 06/05/08 06/18/08 06/25/08 06/27/08 07/02/08 07/04/08 07/08/08 07/12/08 07/19/08 07/26/08 08/09/08 08/10/08 08/28/08 09/10/08 09/16/08 09/20/08 09/24/08 09/26/08 09/27/08 09/28/08 10/05/08 10/15/08 10/22/08 10/23/08 10/29/08 10/31/08 11/02/08 11/08/08 11/14/08 11/25/08 11/27/08 11/30/08 12/16/08 12/19/08 12/23/08 01/05/09 02/01/09 02/10/09

credits maker
picture
brushes
blogspot
blogskins

Tuesday, October 16, 2007


Man has Dog.
Girl has Diamond.
Thelma has Louise.
Mickey has Minnie
Donald has Daisy
Winnie has Robin
Harry has Hermione and Ron
A has T
C has G
Harry has Lloyd
Barney has Baby Bop B.J and Riff
Teletubbies have Each Other
Hello Kitty has Dear Daniel
Barbie has Ken
Dolphin has Tuna
Strawberry Shortcake has Custard
Betty has Veronica ( and vice versa)
Snoopy has Woodstock
Tom Sawyer has Huckleberry Finn
Tweedledum has Tweedledee
Shrek has Donkey
Spongebob has Patrick
Pinky has the Brain
Jack has Jill
Archie has Jughead
Dorothy has Toto
Bacon has Eggs
Ben has Jerry
Abercrombie has Fitch
Mike has Ike
Procter has Gamble
Salt has Pepper
Skull has Crossbones
Sherlock Holmes has Watson
David has Jonathan
Joshua has Caleb
Hilary has Norgay
Steve Jobs has Steve Wozniak

It is possible to read Annas's summary of Aristotle's view of friendship this way (1988, 1):
A friend, then, is one who (1) wishes and does good (or apparently good) things to a friend, for the friend's sake, (2) wishes the friend to exist and live, for his own sake, (3) spends time with his friend, (4) makes the same choices as his friend and (5) finds the same things pleasant and painful as his friend.
(4) and (5) are the important claims for present purposes: making the same choices as your friend, if done consistently, depends on having a similar outlook on what reasons there are so to choose, and this point is reinforced in (5) given Aristotle's understanding of pleasure and pain as evaluative and so as revealing what is (apparently) good and bad. The message might be that merely having coincidence in evaluative outlook is enough to satisfy (4) and (5).

Friendship is a distinctively personal relationship that is grounded in a concern on the part of each friend for the welfare of the other, for the other's sake, and that involves some degree of intimacy. As such, friendship is undoubtedly central to our lives, in part because the special concern we have for our friends must have a place within a broader set of concerns, including moral concerns, and in part because our friends can help shape who we are as persons
(Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

Friendship may be said to require natures so rare and costly, each so well tempered and so happily adapted, and withal so circumstanced, (for even in that particular, a poet says, love demands that the parties be altogether paired,) that its satisfaction can very seldom be assured. It cannot subsist in its perfection, say some of those who are learned in this warm lore of the heart, betwixt more than two. The best mix as ill as good and bad. You shall have very useful and cheering discourse at several times with two several men, but let all three of you come together, and you shall not have one new and hearty word. Two may talk and one may hear, but three cannot take part in a conversation of the most sincere and searching sort.
(Emerson)


Friendship Oath
"By accepting the responsibility of being your friend, I promise to be honest and trustworthy. I will try to work out any differences or conflicts that we may have and will try to put the time and effort into our friendship that it requires. I know we both have work (or school), family, and personal obligations, and we will respect each other relationships and commitments, but I will also be committed to this friendship. I will try to only give advice if asked and I will also try to be your friend, unconditionally. I will keep your confidences. However, I will also share with you if it is my policy to never keep anything from my spouse or any other primary relationship, with whom I entrust all my secrets. I will try to remember your birthday and be there for you when times are tough and when times are grand. Making time to talk, communicate by mail or e-mail, or getting together is a priority. I will celebrate your achievements even though I know a tiny bit of envy or competitiveness is normal. I will bring fun and joy to your life as much as I am able to as I cherish our past, present, and future friendship."
Dr. Jan Yager

“Everyone has a "best friend" during each stage of life-only a precious few have the same one.”

CANDICE! ♥ 6:50 PM link to post 0 comments